I have question: Since the (Temple) Menorah was lit afresh daily (Ex.27:21) and we are commanded not to lit a fire on shabbat (Ex.35:3) how did it get lit on shabbat??????? Was the authority of the Levitical priests in reguards to the temple an acception to the commandment of Yah?

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

" The kohanim lit the menorah in the Sanctuary every evening and cleaned it out every morning, replacing the wicks and putting fresh olive oil into the cups. The illustration feautred on this page is based on instructions for construction of the menorah found in Exodus 25:31-40. "... The only answer i have recieved (from Jewish friends in Judaism) is that they quote "oral Torah" and say it is lit on shabbat and that i shouldnt ask why cause sacrifices were made on shabbat too.... So I take it that the Kohanim had this authority to serve the temple aside from the command unto the nation of Israel not to lite a fire

The Tanakh reads Chapter 35/ And you shall command the children of Israel, and they shall take to you pure olive oil, crushed for lighting, to kindle the lamps continually.

Chapter 27  "You shall not kindle fire in any of your dwelling places on the Sabbath day."

(A difference is ba'ar 35:3 and alah 27:21 when using a Strongs to relate to the Hebrew) However 27:21 does mention a Burning "Always" (tâmı̂yd) thus NOT Lit everyday. Jews I discussed this with said the temple menorah was lit everyday (so i was getting conflicting answers) But now I see it resolved!

So now I think the point is in bold above! Praise Yah He always gives understanding when we seek HIM!

RSS

Praise (Music)

press ►► symbol on player to fast forward to next song. Also a Full Screen option! GBU

Assistance

Super Admin

(KJV) Companion Bible
1 Companion bible special studies (Appendixes) Website currently DOWN

2 * C. Bible with Books /side margins (turn page), Appendixes,...

3 More on C.B. / :) 

(search Strongs )

extra link

Other study tools:
1 Smiths bible dictionary

2 Strong's/Concordance

Studylight
Biblegateway

Blueletter

https://biblos.com/

7 E-Sword download is full of good tools and sources.

combo of tools
☧ Other helpful links in the groups.

Numbers In Scripture (Bullinger)

HEBREW Tanakh/ Messorah

- Hebrew "Old Testament"

Hebrew / English Matt. -George Howard (translates Shem Tov's)
- Even Bohan/ Shem Tov's

KJV

- Word study tools

- Jewish . Encyclopedia- Septuagint /Sep.

-Hebrew/English dictionary

-Hebrew Interlinear

-Greek Interlinear

- ><> library

- calculator

- Jasher

- apocrypha

- DeadSea /DSS

- Didache 

netbible

Josephus

- nexus