Share some of the symbolizm you embrace as Christian!

The use of the Ichthys symbol by early Christians. Ichthus (ΙΧΘΥΣ, Greek for fish) can be read as an acrostic, a word formed from the first letters of several words. It compiles to "Jesus Christ, God's son, savior," in ancient Greek "Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ", Iēsous Khristos Theou Huios, Sōtēr. CHRISTOS

Early Christian Ichthys symbol carved into some marble in the ruins of Ephesus, Turkey.

INRI
This is more of a translation than a symbol but is good to add to a symbol!
INRI is an acronym of the Latin inscription IESVS·NAZARENVS·REX·IVDÆORVM (Jesus Nazarenus, Rex Judaeorum), which translates to English as "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews." The Greek equivalent of this phrase appears in the New Testament of the Christian Bible in Mk 15:26 (ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων) / Lk 23:38 (ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων ουτος)/ Mt 27:37 (ουτος εστιν ιησους ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων) / Jn 19:19-20 (ιησους ο ναζωραιος ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων) /

(Hebrew Abc...) A& Ω ✞♥☧ ✡ ☮☤❤♒♡☦ ☨ ☩✙ ✚ ✛ ✜ ✝

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/hamsa/  <o> 

Views: 4914

Replies to This Discussion

THE SUN

The Sun is used to symbolize The Light that is Christ in a few places in Scripture. The sun is used here as a metaphor only. These verses are Not speaking of a sun god.

Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Those who know that, the wisdom given to Enoch was shared with Egypt and Egypt ended up worshiping the symbols thereof, can see the negative effects of such idol worship. signs are just that and not something to Worship

☧ / Chi-Rho symbol (ancient Christian symbol through the Greek)

Looks like a Hebrew Dalet (Qof/ Tsade) facing right (east) over a Tav
Tav (through the Zohar)- The Ancient of Days, crown, Kingdom of the Infinite One, Blessed be He
Dalet- Lion (Lion of Judah), Upright, Righteous

Some say the Chi Rho was placed at certain points or places to show emphasis and to say this is very important, Good! (like a star*, bold text, Capital letter and other uses of today)

*The Chi Rho is one of the earliest christograms used by Christians. It is formed by superimposing the first two letters in the Greek spelling of the word Christ ( Greek : "Χριστός" ), chi = ch and rho = r, in such a way to produce the monogram.

This symbol is much like the IX monogram. The IX monogram is formed by the combination of the letter "I" or Iota for IHSOYS (Ιησους, Jesus in Greek) and "X" or Chi forXPISTOS (Χριστος, Christ in Greek). Some connect the use of 6 angles to that of the Chi Rho or the star of "David".

One can note the 6 points in both the shield of David and the Chi Rho! Which could symbolize the fact that the sceptre (or scepter in English) of David belonged to our Messiah. *Gen.49:10 (-Luke 3:33)/ Num.24:17/ Heb.1:8 /* Is.9:7/-*Luke 1:32-33
Seeing that Christ is Lord of lords and King of kings this scepter can also be seen as a shepherds staff!

Olive- #1636-Greek
elaia- /el-ah-yah/ Two names of God present! El and Yah
Olive oil is the annointing oil.
Symbolic of annointing, truth, blessings, cleansings, healing, pure......

Greek for "oil" example: Matt 25:8 is "elaion" (G#1637) which is pronounced "el'-ah-yon" which directly relates to the Hebrew title Elyon (of G-d) (H#5946)

https://www.gotquestions.org/anointing-oil.html ;The two witnesses are called candelsticks (like menorah) which burn olive oil to produce light. Not only are the witnesses called two candelsticks (lampstands) but also two olive trees! Trees that bring forth fruit of olives (anointing, light, ....)

Jas.5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Early Christian symbols (Anchor, Fish, and Chi Rho) found in catacombs of St. Sabastian (cira around 2nd century).
A "Pilcrow" is a symbol within the bible before verses. It means- a change of thought! ¶ This can be helpful to the reader so that they can properly divide the word!

THere is another symbol i have been wondering about. Im going to find it . I am not sure if it is a Christian symbol or not. Its like got three points, and is like sort of an intertwining three point star king of thing. Ill try and find it.

I have seen a symbol used by many to describe "Trinity" could that be it?

The anchor is a very early Christian symbol that has been found in the catacombs (One anicent find is shown within this thread!). It brings together the cross and the various nautical Christian symbols (fish, Fishermen, boat), and it symbolizes Christ being the foundation (Rock). Several anchors have been located near Noah's Ark believed to be those of the ark.

These anchors bare ancient markings where Christians and believers of old also had known their locations.

Hyssop is a aromatic plant. The plant is used in Ex.12:22 And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and *strike (H#5060) the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.

Ps.51:7 *Purge (H#2398/cleanse) me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
during the beating Christ was offered a drink which consisted of myrrh (Mk.15:23), but during crusifixtion he was offered another drink,
Jn.19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar (sour wine),:and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon HYSSOP, and put it to his mouth, vs.32 When Jesus therefore had recieved the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and bowed his head and gave up the ghost.
Mk.15:36 And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.
Both Matthew and Mark mention this occasion but mention the useof a reed- καλαμος (kalamos).
 Hyssop was used in the act of the fisrt Passover and in the Act of its fulfilment in Yeshua The Christ (1 Cor.5:6-8).
Hyssop is mentioned elsewhere:
Ex.12:22 , Lev.14:4, 6(dip), 49, 51, Num.19:6 (Cast), 18(sprinkle), 1 Kin.4:33, Ps.51:7, Jn.19:29, Heb.9:19

6 point star (The star of Moloch was a 6 point star)

as is the Shield (Star)of David/  Magen David

Meaning of symbols are within the eye of the beholder. The Enemy seeks to relate to the same symbolizim of The LORD throughout the WORD. There are many views of the Star of David. There were two star symbols that were often raised up in ancient Israel amoung certain people.

Here we see 2 stars together in the decoration of an archway that still stands behind the remains of Kepha’s (Peter’s) parent’s home.

1) "the Shield of David" ("6 pointer")/6- earthly man and kingdoms

2) Star of Solomon ("5 pointer")/ 5- grace and Torah

(Today satanists also use the same image they turn the 5 pointer upside down)

✡Acts 7:43

Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

The Paleo Hebrew dalet is a triangle. Two of which make up the shield of David. One pointing upwards (which can be seen as embraceing devine revelation and guidance, to embrace spiritual growth with The Almighty) The other triangle points downward (which could be seen as an act of straying from God and embraceing earthly lusts and kingdoms). This shows a conflict in domains and alligances! We know the serpent was one who pushed the knowledge of good & evil.

Jacob wrestled with the Angel of God and his name was changed to Israel which is to mention a relationship with The LORD.

The 6 pointer is called a HEXagram. Hex - to call on negative spirit.

Can anyone find postivies within the 6 point star?

Could this be related to the 12 tribes of Israel classified in Deut.27:11-13 (Ex.28:12). Here we are told that the 12 tribes are divided into two groups of 6 (indentions and raised points) one group told to stand on the mount of blessings and the other to stand on the mount of cursings.

There is a traditional view of the Shield (star) of David. One legend (traditions of man)says that the shield David used in battle had a center frame that consisted of two overlaping triangles. Throuhout the battle they were fused together.

The picture below is the actual ancient ceiling of a "Jewish" synagouge showing the same image that was used to mention the idol that was being worshiped when Moses descended the mount. Anytime a symbol is worshiped as a source of inspiration it becomes an idol.

The Star of Moloch and Remphan (Acts.7:43) is known to relate to Saturn (of which is the 6th planet and considered a wondering star AND has the formation of a HEXagram on its pole)

Amos 5:26 / The Septuagint's reading raiphan or rephan strands from the Hebrew Chiun or Kewan. The Greek forms are probably simple mistakes for the Hebrew (for it isnt a direct translation), k (qoppa) having been replaced by r (resh) and ph substituted for v (yod). Kewan is probably the Old Babylonian Kayawanu, THE PLANET SATURN, another (the Akkadian) name for which is Sakkut, which appears as Siccuth in the earlier part of the verse. With this knowledge you can look at Saturn (hubble images) today and on its pole it clearly and almost shockingly displays a hexagon (seen below). It being the sixth planet it often appears to be a star (source of light) but is actually disguised as such (2 Cor.11:14 Satan himself is transformed (disguised G#3345) as an angel of light and his angels as ministers of light) (As the moon- all prophacies of Satan are given in moons(mounths) and not in days or years (solar). So with the etymology of the name points to a hex itself which trumps mans commentaries. Interestingly enough the symbol its self is made up of 6 lines, 6 points and 6 indentions (666) and hex is a term often used to say to call on negative spirits

6 represents man, earthly realm (6 th day of creation), tribulation,...  Saturn has a hexgon on its top side. Which is the shape found inside of the 6 point starand could be used to enclose a 6 point star (A Hex).

We have mens commentaries claiming Saturn relates to Shabbat. Certianly it was disguised as something it wasnt. The idols of Isreal were given false glory. Shabtai comes from Shabbat it isnt Shabbat and i would like someone to show me God's Word relateing Saturn to Shabbat.

The Menorah is The symbol of Spiritual Israel , The church,... Yet the 6 point star is the symbol of the physical political earthly nation of Israel. Commentaries of men lift this image up high. I personally no longer hold this image up. I choose not to allow it to represent Isreal, the Kingdom, The King, The Messiah, or my faith. I have tried to list good and bad viewpoints and feel that ones personal view is reflective of their spiritual state. I have recently seen the conformation that this image is the same mentioned in Acts 7

http://www.flyingchariotministries.com/thestarofdavid.htm .

I think this image is a remnant of an idol of Israel. Jews like Christians have allowed perversions to creep in and When (if) such perversions are made clear to one Then I think its wrong to keep embracing such cause its the thing to do.

LINK to article on the subject alone http://willntestament.blogspot.com/2013/03/star-of-remphan.html 

To sum up my personal view the star of David is both negative and Postive in one (much like the knowledge of good and evil). It represents the good and the bad of Israel.

The lilly under the bowls of the menorah would have cast a image of the 6 point star on the floor with its shadow.

RSS

Praise (Music)

press ►► symbol on player to fast forward to next song. Also a Full Screen option! GBU

Assistance

Super Admin

(KJV) Companion Bible
1 Companion bible special studies (Appendixes) Website currently DOWN

2 * C. Bible with Books /side margins (turn page), Appendixes,...

3 More on C.B. / :) 

(search Strongs )

extra link

Other study tools:
1 Smiths bible dictionary

2 Strong's/Concordance

Studylight
Biblegateway

Blueletter

https://biblos.com/

7 E-Sword download is full of good tools and sources.

combo of tools
☧ Other helpful links in the groups.

Numbers In Scripture (Bullinger)

HEBREW Tanakh/ Messorah

- Hebrew "Old Testament"

Hebrew / English Matt. -George Howard (translates Shem Tov's)
- Even Bohan/ Shem Tov's

KJV

- Word study tools

- Jewish . Encyclopedia- Septuagint /Sep.

-Hebrew/English dictionary

-Hebrew Interlinear

-Greek Interlinear

- ><> library

- calculator

- Jasher

- apocrypha

- DeadSea /DSS

- Didache 

netbible

Josephus

- nexus