Share some of the symbolizm you embrace as Christian!

The use of the Ichthys symbol by early Christians. Ichthus (ΙΧΘΥΣ, Greek for fish) can be read as an acrostic, a word formed from the first letters of several words. It compiles to "Jesus Christ, God's son, savior," in ancient Greek "Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ", Iēsous Khristos Theou Huios, Sōtēr. CHRISTOS

Early Christian Ichthys symbol carved into some marble in the ruins of Ephesus, Turkey.

INRI
This is more of a translation than a symbol but is good to add to a symbol!
INRI is an acronym of the Latin inscription IESVS·NAZARENVS·REX·IVDÆORVM (Jesus Nazarenus, Rex Judaeorum), which translates to English as "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews." The Greek equivalent of this phrase appears in the New Testament of the Christian Bible in Mk 15:26 (ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων) / Lk 23:38 (ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων ουτος)/ Mt 27:37 (ουτος εστιν ιησους ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων) / Jn 19:19-20 (ιησους ο ναζωραιος ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων) /

(Hebrew Abc...) A& Ω ✞♥☧ ✡ ☮☤❤♒♡☦ ☨ ☩✙ ✚ ✛ ✜ ✝

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/hamsa/  <o> 

Views: 4914

Replies to This Discussion

The Dove Symbolizes Peace, Mercy (Love), Pureness, *The Holy Spirit- Matt.3:16 / Mk.1:10/ Luke 3:22/ Jn.1:32/, Humbleness - Matt.10:16

In Gen. Noah sent forth a Dove /Gen.8:8-11/ The dove returned with a Olive Branch thus symbolizing the begining of a new covenant. The Dove desending upon Christ (THE BRANCH) was also a symbol of a new covenant!

Christ showed how the many membered body is to work as one when he was physically baptised by John before witnesses proclaiming The Father. At this time The Father proclaimed Christ as The Son of God (Emmanuel).
John exspressed how the dove was a Sign to him that Christ was The Son of God.
Jn.1:32-34
And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. (Matt.3:16 / Mk.1:10/ Luke 3:22/ Jn.1:32) /Like

Its a basic instinct for dove to stay a safe distance from man just as most wild animals do. A dove has no other defense from preditors which are many. however the dove was drawn to Yeshua by The Spirit od COMFORT.

Job 39:19-25 a horse is used as a symbol of determination, strength, courage, and zeal! / Being bold, confident, strong, couragous, and with zeal is not the same as pride. (horses charge into battle with alligance to their master. What do you draw your strength in? Ps.18:2/ Deut. 31:6/ Phil.4:13/ Phil.1:20/ Ps.27:1,14/ Heb.13:6/ 1Jn.5:14-15/ Eph.3:12/ (Ps.62:7) Is.12:2/ 2 Tim.2:15/ Matt.17:20/ Prov.3:26; 14:26/ Comfort- Jn.14:26/ Ps.27:14/ Heb.10:35/ Ps.59:17/ Ps.28:7/ Deut.6:4-5/ Lk.21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls. (check your allegiance)
Matt.10:38/ Good confidance comes with obediance to the LORD.

Is.30:15/ Heb.3:6,14/ 1 Jn.2:28; 5:14/ Zeph.3:8/ Pro.28:1/ Eph.3:12/ Heb.4:16/ (1 Pet.5:10)/ negative ego- Proverbs 1:7/ Jer.2:37/ Prov.14:16/ Is.65:5

2 Tim.3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

What is the purpose of us being told the name of this "place of the skull"?

Jhn 19:17-18 "He went out, bearing his cross (Tav), to the place called "The Place of a Skull," which is called in Hebrew, "Gulgolta," where they crucified him, and with him two others, on either side one, and Yahushua in the middle." (Matt.27:33)

Is it important to know what "place of the skull " means?

Well we know that Yeshua is the "Alpha" (Aleph) and the "Omega" (Tav). Meaning that he is the begining and the end. Also meaning that he is the Word seeing as all words are made up of the alphabet (Alephbet). That Yeshua fulfills the Word of G-D as well.

The first letter of the Hebrew AlephBet is the Aleph. It's ancient symbol is that of the head of an ox (heifer/bull...) and again relates to the beginning. The location in which Yeshua was crusified is said to be the location of the ashes of the heifer. All that would remain would be the skull (and bones). Heb.9:13 "For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

We know that the sacrifices of old were a foreshadow of things to be fulfilled in Christ! Col.2:17 "Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ."

Heb.10:1-22 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (Heb.9:13)

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Seems the message of "the place of the skull" (Aleph) and the place of the "cross" (Tav) is communicated both with Hebrew (Jewish) thought of the titles of this location as well as in Heb.10 for those who may not be able to connect such dots.

So we can now see how this place of the skull (Aleph) is also the location of the cross (which is the symbol of the Tav). Tav being the End of the AlephBet. Thus also the location in which Christ fulfilled this work in the name of Yah. "The Place of the skull (beginning) and the cross (the end). It is finished! ;)

Areas in which Trees are used throughout the bible to mention men (entites) are: Mk.8:24/ Is.61:1-3/ Dan.4 daniel tells king Nebuchadnezzar that the tree in his vision represented himself/ Lk.6:43-45/ Zech.4:11-14/... Matt 24 mentions the parable of the "figtree" which is symbolic of Judah which relates back to Judges 9 which you mentioned! In Judges 9(:8-15) we seemention of many trees speaking. We see more direct conformation in relation of the figtree being Judah in Hosea  (9:10) and Jeremiah (24:2-6)!/ Hebrew terminology- "tree"= ets #6086 and its root is atsah #6095 which has to do with having ones eyes shut. atsah is also the root of atseh #6096 which is to say backbone or spine/ central nervous system

Traditions of men or supported by Yah? You decide!

Is.49:13-17  

Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.

This hand gesture is used in the priestly blessing of the Kohanim (Aaronic/ Levitical priests of Israel). Also called the "birkat Kohanim"/ or the "nesiat Kapayim". I have shown many times on this site how hand/arm in Hebrew relates to both power and works (which is also evident in the AlephBet). We relate this to the postion of Mashiach being at the right hand of G-D meaning his postion is to carry out the power and works of Yah.

The above scripture is often used to relate to this Traditional hand gesture in that the shape is that of the Shin and Hashem (the name/ G-D). Thus showing that when blessings flow from Yah not men (however men sent with divine authority and judgement are called Elohim) but that his sent forth ones are but instruments of his power and works. This blessing is also traditionally performed by parents over their children on Friday night (Shabbat) prior to dinner. According to the tradition people are not to look directly at the hands when being blessed. This tradition is based around Talmudic interpretation describing God as peering through the "lattice" formed by the hands of the Kohanim, referencing the verse in the Song of Songs (2:9): "My beloved is like a gazelle or a young hart Behold, he stands behind our wall He looks in through the windows Peering through the lattices (הַחֲרַכִּים). Ha-kharakim means "the lattices" and this is the only place it occurs in the Bible, but splitting off and treating the definite article as a numeral produces ה׳ חֲרַכִּים – "[peering through] five lattices"

The Aaronic blessing (Num.6:24:-27) was recited with this hand gesture. 

Interestingly enough the hand gesture for "I LOVE U" closely resembles that of the priestly blessing. They form the same outline and both resemble the Hebrew shin. 

Cross= Hardship (tribulation) dying of self and in Paleo Hebrew the “tav” (cross) is a sign or signal of covenant

RSS

Praise (Music)

press ►► symbol on player to fast forward to next song. Also a Full Screen option! GBU

Assistance

Super Admin

(KJV) Companion Bible
1 Companion bible special studies (Appendixes) Website currently DOWN

2 * C. Bible with Books /side margins (turn page), Appendixes,...

3 More on C.B. / :) 

(search Strongs )

extra link

Other study tools:
1 Smiths bible dictionary

2 Strong's/Concordance

Studylight
Biblegateway

Blueletter

https://biblos.com/

7 E-Sword download is full of good tools and sources.

combo of tools
☧ Other helpful links in the groups.

Numbers In Scripture (Bullinger)

HEBREW Tanakh/ Messorah

- Hebrew "Old Testament"

Hebrew / English Matt. -George Howard (translates Shem Tov's)
- Even Bohan/ Shem Tov's

KJV

- Word study tools

- Jewish . Encyclopedia- Septuagint /Sep.

-Hebrew/English dictionary

-Hebrew Interlinear

-Greek Interlinear

- ><> library

- calculator

- Jasher

- apocrypha

- DeadSea /DSS

- Didache 

netbible

Josephus

- nexus