http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0.htm English HEBREW bible - Masoretic Text

This thread is for the purpose of exsposing common perversions of Scripture weather it be mistranslations/ transliterations or misinterpretations.

For the English reader that is interested in indepth biblestudy I suggest a KJV AND a "Strong's Exhuastive Concordance" this allows you to revert any word back to its orginal term and context. There are many website links with this (look at the study tools section in the margin -->)

The english versions of the word are not free from mis-translations. Please share as many as you like at any rate you like. I will be coming here to study what is posted to see if I see any I haven't caught.

EXAMPLE:

Lk.14:26

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

We know this to be an obvious mistranslation. The orginal Greek word that was translated "hate" is in fact μισέω/ miseō/ mis-eh'-o - and means LOVE LESS in this context.

Not only is this a use of the term, but agrees here in context with all scripture unlike the mistranslation, which is evident within the comandments. Ex.20:12 Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Ex.5:16  Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Put God fisrt and give due respect to others - Mk.12:29-31,/ 1 Jn.2:9,11; 3:15; 4:20.... 

Oddly enough a muslim hadith tells muslims they should love their "prophet" (not God) more than their family. There is a saying that when muslims learn to love their families as much as they hate Jews then there will be a chance for peace.

Feel free to use any English source even though I'm mainly interested in the ****KJV****! Just List the source you use when doing so.

I will start it off with an obvious mis-translation.
Matthew 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Is.50:4-9 *)

evil here would have been correctly translated Hardships. How the translators would have choosen Evil in this context is beyond me. ONE place such a translation would contridict the Word is Jas.4:7, when the correct translation agrees with all scripture.

For those without a Strong's or way to document such within the Greek here is a link of the term used in this area according to the Greek.
http://www.studylight.org/desk/view.cgi?number=4190

______.....*Turn the Other Cheek......______

In Matt 5 Yeshua builds a fence around Torah

Note the prior verse Matt.5:38 says its lawful to take an eye for an eye however this passage is directed to the Disciples of Christ in relation to ministry (Matt.4:19;5:2,13,16...) of the gospel (good news) thus the more edifying context of Matt 5:39 (Lk.6:29). If you go forth sowing seed and the truth offends (Gal.4:16) someone and they react from the flesh and haul off and slap you, would it be proper to forget your fruits in the spirit and result to taking your own vengance by striking back or would it serve your purpose (in Christ) to be the bigger man and endure this hardship? (as Christ did Matt 26:67)

When you "turn the other cheek" it immediatly causes the heartless attacker to consider his actions and your message!

One More for now! (this is Not a mis-translation but rather a relation!)
Note Satan name as it is given in the Greek:
Revelation 9:11 (King James Version)

11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

When we look at the term perdition in the greek see how it relates to Satan's name! http://www.studylight.org/desk/view.cgi?number=684
We also know what within the Word only one is condemned to perish by name and that one is Satan or "the son of perdition".
This name Apollyon in the Strongs relates back to the root which is the very Word that is translated perdition! # 622 &623 in the Greek!

LEAVEN

leaven

Views: 2650

Replies to This Discussion

muslims try http://www.slideshare.net/ftjaffer/prophet-ibrahim-as-44374981 to claim that Abraham was thrown into a fire like unto that of Shadrach Meshach and Abednego (this isnt biblical) http://www.answering-islam.org/Responses/Osama/zawadi_abraham_ur.htm and here is the traditional rabbinic story based of the Talmud (not scripture)

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/246612/jewish/Abraham...

Pro 20:30 ?

Many versions of this verse http://biblehub.com/parallel/proverbs/20-30.htm

Many of these versions immediately give off the wrong vibe cause they didnt capture the message properly.

Many Misleading and misinformed versions give off the understanding that beating someone cleanses them from evil. ("Beatings and wounds cleanse away evil, and floggings cleanse the innermost being."/ Blows and wounds scrub away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being.) Perhaps cause with the rough translation from the Hebrew some were thinking about dont spare a rod (who really knows?)

Jews (Hebrews) and modern English sources seem to interpret the verse differently Tanakh reads: "Contusions and wounds come for outpouring in evil, and plagues in the innermost parts." / Marks and blemishes are signs of an aliment (Christ had no blemish). Jewish interpretation of the Hebrew texts by the sages -"" Whoever “pours himself” out into sinful things, will ultimately come to wounds and contusions...." Then we have the modern English translation you gave. I would like to say that the Word for "evil" here is rah and among its uses you will find "affliction", "harm", "hurt", mark, and even "sore"! (as well as "evil" and "opposition") and it doesnt take a medical degree to know that bruises and other marks are signs of the healing process. So when we read that Contusions (bruises from beatings/wounds) cleanse away sores, marks, harm, hurt the verse can make sense in simplicity! Rah- Hebrew # 7451 check it out for yourselves!... The kjv is interesting (and perhaps The modern English version I would support)! "The *blueness of a wound cleanseth away *evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly." Seems I agree more with the kjv here. I encourage you to check out the many differences to discern what was truly said in this verse.

Makes no sense to self harm yourself (physically or spiritually/ figurative or literallysince God speaks of it in disdain elsewhere in the bible

(Matt.2:23)"Spoken" It does NOT say "Written". He shall be called a Nazarene. OF Course he will be. Where is the debate in that? Is.11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch (Netzer/ sprout) shall grow out of his roots:
Netzar is more properly translated shoot or sprout. The Hebrew for Tsemach (H#6780) is most commonly translate branch, which is used to mention the coming of Messiah Jer.23:5 / Jer.33:15 / Zec.3:8 / Zec.6:12( Is.4:2)/ "Netzer" (netser) - Greenness, a shoot, Figuratively a descendant- Branch /Wiki- Netzarim, twigs that shoot off from a branch of a tree (Hebrew from the root "neitzer" (נצר) meaning "a shoot").
From the Hebrew (#5341) root "Natzar"- (Neitzer) to guard , in a good sense (to protect, maintain, obey...) or a bad one (to conceal, ...) : besieged, hidden thing, keep Ex.34:7 (er,ing), monument, observe, preserve (r), subtil, watcher (man)/... Who knows of the concept of *The Messiah that would reject him being A Nazarene? Is.11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious./ Rom.15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust. (Ps.117:1)/ (Lk.2:39) http://friendsnchrist.ning.com/profiles/blogs/nazerenes-netzarim 

Ps.145 

This chapter is missing a verse in the masoretic texts and the KJV bible.

The verse is found in all the "earlier" manuscripts. Each verse starts with a different letter of the Hebrew Alphabet (in order) but missing the "Nun". Following verse 13 the ancient texts reads: 

"Faithful is YHVH in all His words And holy in all His works".

Present in The Septuagint, Syr., Vulgate, Arabic and Ethiopic texts. Why and how its missing from the masoretic texts I dont personally know at the moment. I dont know if the masoretic texts was damaged or if the verse was just skipped (for a "reason" or not).

Num. 31:15- muslims desperately add their own concepts to scripture corrupting it through personal interpretation of this chapter to try to justify filth found in muhammad’s “Islam”....... it doesn’t say they are able to be raped. G-D wants the culture destroyed males carry fathers name girls dont .... married women or those who are intimate with men of the culture are under the man in authority and carry their name and share the same culture (ethnicity) and thats they very thing G-d is destroying. Virgin women and.girls could be spared cause the man they carry the character of the men they are with (marry). None of these verses encourage rape or injustice. Unto yourselves is to take them into the culture that is Israel

http://nazarenespace.ning.com/profiles/blogs/why-the-hebrew-and-ara... ... Matt 26:9, Mk.14:3, Matt. 19:17, Acts 8:26, Matt. 19:24, Mk.10:25, Lk. 18:25, Jn.12:11; 15:16 nazarenespace 

Heres another wanna be contradiction. 

Trolls always wanna spark subjects in ignorance. And paraphrasing scripture instead of quoting it is usually a good sign of such carnal minded trolls.Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven..... it did not say whomsoever calls on the name of The Lord it said those who call him Lord said nothing about them calling on The Shem (name and character) OF The Lord in fact the verse says those are the ones who are answered “but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. These are the ones who call on his character and name (shem). It all flows together beautifully when both Joel and Paul said whomsoever calls on the Shem of The Lord shall be saved and yet those who don’t yet call him lord are not saved. Come Judgement all will know The Lord and yet not all will have a circumcised heart which again is what it is to call on the Lord

Lot and his daughters 

Lot offering daughters was his action and not condoned by G-D. The offspring are even condemned as not being counted as part of the congregation (at birth) * Deut.23:3. What Lot intended upon his daughters  (delivering them up to be used sexually) happened to him by them! (2 pet.2:6-9-16)

Gen. 19:36 The older daughter gives birth to *Moab, while the younger daughter gives birth to *Ammon

https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/lots-daughters-midrash-and-agg... 

Why is Lot called “just/ righteous” in 2 Pet.? Simply for not looking back (returning)?

RSS

Praise (Music)

press ►► symbol on player to fast forward to next song. Also a Full Screen option! GBU

Assistance

Super Admin

(KJV) Companion Bible
1 Companion bible special studies (Appendixes) Website currently DOWN

2 * C. Bible with Books /side margins (turn page), Appendixes,...

3 More on C.B. / :) 

(search Strongs )

extra link

Other study tools:
1 Smiths bible dictionary

2 Strong's/Concordance

Studylight
Biblegateway

Blueletter

https://biblos.com/

7 E-Sword download is full of good tools and sources.

combo of tools
☧ Other helpful links in the groups.

Numbers In Scripture (Bullinger)

HEBREW Tanakh/ Messorah

- Hebrew "Old Testament"

Hebrew / English Matt. -George Howard (translates Shem Tov's)
- Even Bohan/ Shem Tov's

KJV

- Word study tools

- Jewish . Encyclopedia- Septuagint /Sep.

-Hebrew/English dictionary

-Hebrew Interlinear

-Greek Interlinear

- ><> library

- calculator

- Jasher

- apocrypha

- DeadSea /DSS

- Didache 

netbible

Josephus

- nexus