YHVH (YHWH) (*Ex.3:14)

Yod Hey Vav Hey

Within The Hebrew we have many Titles of God (each showing a different relation/ El, Elyon,  Elohim, ....Adonai, .... /Eloah, Elah, Eolhim...), and yet the Word also reveales The Sacrid Name. The Name carries with it ameaning.

Ex.20:7

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Name here is "shem" H#8034 and is to mention ones character. At the same time what is His Name? I AM (Hayah/ Ehyah).

Examples: of what it is to take The Name (Character) of YHVH (I AM) in vain is when one claims to share (embrace/ represent) God's character yet does differ.

When one says "I AM" a Christian (Jew/ of Israel/ disciple/ prophet/ or member of divine judgement/...) and yet bares other fruits, or teachs another doctrine they are blaspheming His character (Name).

In the Torah Israel was choosen to be a Light unto the nations. This involves:

* Bringing forth The Word (and)

* Being an example of what it is to have a relationship with YHVH. (curses and or blessings)

Using the Sacrid name was not to be done in just any context. Hashem ("The Name") is considered Holy cause again, to mention ones name is to mention their character. There are times when The Name was to be called on, and during these times Israel had Levitical priests that would invoke The Name, but overall the general public would use titles and substitues of The Name (like Hashem, El Shaddai, or Adonai) to mention G-d, and this was done out of the upmost respect. This was so that it wasn't just common place to go around uttering the Sacrid name. Adonai- formed by associating the vowel points of the word YaHoVeH with Adon thus converting Adon into Adonai.

The descendants of Israel have always stressed the importance of their ethnicity. When it comes to communication amoung the nations, translations are needed. Whats most important is that the meaning carries over. Imagin the pronunciation carring over without the character. This would be seen as offensive to Israel and to many would even be considered grounds to cut communication (like unto a muslim asking you what The Name of G-d is. Why for what purpose would it serve to tell a heathan The Name? Such people have no respect for The G-d of Israel.) Today we have this in "churches". We have people that never get around to sharing the character of Hashem yet have whole sermons on the proper way to pronounce the name, and then go on to play one upmanship over anyone not using the pronunciation they do. Within Israel we have people who lean towards the use of yiddish and other more modernised Hebrew. Certain gutteral sounds may come out differently depending on the culture in which you were raised. Some choose to use stress w-ah over the use of v-ah.

One way to mention The Most High would be to say:

He Who's Will Shall Be Done.

Vowel points were added to YHVH by the Masoretes in the 1st millennium. Six Hebrew spellings (pronunciations) of the Tetragrammaton are found in the Leningrad Codex of 1008–1010.

Genesis 3:14
יְהֹוָה
Yǝhōvāh
[35]
This is the most common set of vowels, which are essentially the vowels from Adonai (with the hataf patah reverting to its natural state as a shewa).
Judges 16:28
יְהוָה
Yǝhvāh
[36]
This is the same as above, but with the dot over the holam/waw left out, because it is a little redundant.
Judges 16:28
יֱהֹוִה
Yĕhōveh
[37]
When the Tetragrammaton is preceded by Adonai, it receives the vowels from the name Elohim instead. The hataf segol does not revert to a shewa because doing so could lead to confusion with the vowels in Adonai.
Genesis 15:2
יֱהוִה
Yĕhveh
[38]
Just as above, this uses the vowels from Elohim, but like the second version, the dot over the holam/waw is omitted as redundant.
1 Kings 2:26
יְהֹוִה
Yǝhōveh
[39]
Here, the dot over the holam/waw is present, but the hataf segol does get reverted to a shewa.
Ezekiel 24:24
יְהוִה
Yǝhveh
[40]

Here, the dot over the holam/waw is omitted, and the hataf segol gets reverted to a shewa.

(How consenants vowels and words link up has alot to do with how they are pronounced) I personally embrace V over W but have no issue in using both depending on who i am amoung. Some May insist on using a W rather than a V (above).

The Sacrid name was revealed to Moses (Moshe) in Ex.3:14.

Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh pronounced :

/AyHeYay Asher AyHeYay or  E-Yah Asher E-Yah

This *means:

I Am That I Am

I Will Be That I Will Be

I Will Be Who I Will Be

I Will Be Which I Will Be

I Will Be Where I Will Be

He who Was, Is & Is To Come (past, present future)

He who's will shall be done. ( I am all and all unto you, the self suficent/exsistant One.)

From which we get the Tetragrammaton -Yod Heh Vav Heh

And properly shortened to

I Am or "Yah" (the self exsisting One)

The four letters of God’s name - Yod, Heh, and Vav, Heh - form the 
words we use in Hebrew for the passage (3 basic divisions) of time: past (heh, yod, heh,) present 
(heh, vav, heh) and future (yod, heh, yod, heh.)

Everything that is material (Physical) is limited to time. YHVH is NOT limited to time Or Space. (Self Exsisting). The Beginning and the end.

God is Spirit and They who worship him must worship him in spirit and truth.

The Son's name is YaHoshua which means Salvation of Yah and is properly shortened to Yeshua. Its translated Joshua and Jesus. The Father's Name is in Him just as the essence of the Father is IN Jesus (Emmanuel- God with us)

Titles of God include El, Elah, Eloah, Elohim ..... as we have Adon Adonai and Adonim for "Lord"(s) each showing a differ relation. Its said (Ex.6:3) that Abraham and Isaac didnt know the sacrid name (time before Torah and Moshe) and rather they called YHVH - El Shaddai which is to say G-d Almighty. Yeshua HaMashiach is called Adon (Lord as IN/of The Earth) by David and when we know the meaning of the sacrid name we see how it to relates to Yeshua!

The Book of Esther (In Hebrew) consists of 5 acrostics of the sacrid name.

Esther 1:20;5:4;5:13;7:7

4 of YHVH (2 from left to right & 2 from right to left)

Esther 7:5

1 of  "I Am That I Am"

* In Genesis and Exodus, every 50th letter spells out "Torah"!

(From left to right towards the book of Leviticus)

* Every 1st 7th letter in the book of Leviticus spells out "Yud Heh Vav Hey"!

* In Numbers, every 49th letter and in Deuteronomy every 50th leter Also spells out "Torah" from right to left towards the book of Leviticus.

Genesis, Exodus, Numbers and Deuteronomy all usethe Word "Torah" to point towards Leviticus, the central book of the Torah. In Leviticus we see YHVH!

(Torah--> YHVH <--Torah)

Views: 5111

Replies to This Discussion

This is such a deliberated subject, and I was seeking a definitive conclusion. I really wanted to know HIS Name, not just win a debate.

Our Lord teaches with great simplicity, and I finally settled for a clear-cut demonstration of how to properly pronounce HIS Name.

HIS Name from HIS lips: 

EHYH = I AM

HIS Name from our lips: 

YHVH = HE IS

Pronounced Yah Hoveh; hoveh is the Hebrew verb to be, with the "V" having the sound like in the word victory.

*edit

EHYH = I AM

YHVH = YAH IS

Jn.19:19-22

vs.19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

(Hebrew acronym: "Yeshua Hanotsaret Vemelekh Hayehudaim", which means YHVH.")

Vs.20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.

(When these plaques where placed in public the message placed on top was one of authority. With the first letters in bold The Sacrid Name would have been more than visible to those of the Hebrew language. This is why the "priests" responded the way they did.)

vs.21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.

(Note how the priests avoided the full quote which would have involved the Sacrid name in the character of Yeshua being Mashiach, instead they requested that Piltae write that He Said, I AM King of The Jews)

vs.22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.

(Pilate's responce showed authority over the priesthood and infact also showed The Character of God!)

Lk.23:3 INRI 

(Jn.8 there are 7 I Am's/ Matt.19:17,21/ Matt.22:41-46/ 1 Cor.12:3)

Link on The Sacred Name in relation to Yeshua (Jesus) haMashiach (The Messiah)

A list of 134 passages where The sacred name was deliberately substituted with "Adonai" is preserved and given in the Massorah (107-115)..

(§§ 107-15, Ginsburg's edition) contains the 134. (Kjv Companion Bible appendix 4 & 32)

• Gen. 18:3, 27, 30, 32; 19:18; 20:4.
  • Ex. 4:10, 13; 5:22; 15:17; 34:9, 9.
  • Num. 14:17.
  • Josh. 7:8.
  • Judg. 6:15; 13:8.
  • 1Kings 3:10, 15; 22:6.
  • 2Kings 7:6; 19:23.
  • Isa. 3:17, 18; 4:4; 6:1, 8, 11; 7:14, 10; 8:7; 9:8, 17; 10:12; 11:11; 21:6, 8, 16; 28:2; 29:13; 30:20; 37:24; 38:14, 16; 49:14.
  • Ezek. 18:25, 29; 21:13; 33:17, 29.
  • Amos 5:16; 7:7, 8; 9:1.
  • Zech. 9:4.
  • Mic. 1:2.
  • Mal. 1:12, 14.
  • Ps. 2:4; 16:2; 22:19, 30; 30:8; 35:3, 17, 22; 37:12; 38:9, 15, 22; 39:7; 40:17; 44:23; 51:15; 54:4; 55:9; 57:9; 59:11; 62:12; 66:18; 68:11, 17, 19, 22, 26, 32; 73:20; 77:2, 7; 78:65; 79:12; 86:3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 15; 89:49, 50; 90:1, 17; 110:5; 130:2, 3, 6.
  • Dan. 1:2; 9:3, 4, 7, 9, 15, 16, 17, 19, 19, 19.
  • Lam. 1:14, 15, 15; 2:1, 2, 5, 7, 18, 19, 20; 3:31, 36, 37, 58.
  • Ezra 10:3.
  • Neh. 1:11; 4:14.
  • Job 28:28.

RSS

Praise (Music)

press ►► symbol on player to fast forward to next song. Also a Full Screen option! GBU

Assistance

Super Admin

(KJV) Companion Bible
1 Companion bible special studies (Appendixes) Website currently DOWN

2 * C. Bible with Books /side margins (turn page), Appendixes,...

3 More on C.B. / :) 

(search Strongs )

extra link

Other study tools:
1 Smiths bible dictionary

2 Strong's/Concordance

Studylight
Biblegateway

Blueletter

https://biblos.com/

7 E-Sword download is full of good tools and sources.

combo of tools
☧ Other helpful links in the groups.

Numbers In Scripture (Bullinger)

HEBREW Tanakh/ Messorah

- Hebrew "Old Testament"

Hebrew / English Matt. -George Howard (translates Shem Tov's)
- Even Bohan/ Shem Tov's

KJV

- Word study tools

- Jewish . Encyclopedia- Septuagint /Sep.

-Hebrew/English dictionary

-Hebrew Interlinear

-Greek Interlinear

- ><> library

- calculator

- Jasher

- apocrypha

- DeadSea /DSS

- Didache 

netbible

Josephus

- nexus