Often times those who gossip don't even take time to realize how much time and energy they waste doing so. Gossip doesn't uplift anyone spiritually. Those with the gift of discernment recognize gossip as being the works of the enemy.
Devil (Greek/ diabllo)- slanderer, accuser (G#1228)
Satan G#4567 the accuser, that is, the devil: - Satan. (note: 1 Cor.5:5 some people deserve to be left to accusations for some never start looking up until they hit rock bottom)
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night - Rev.12:10
The purpose of gossip is to break others down and doesn't stress forgiveness. Accusations done both behind someones back and before their face is known as Gossip (evil speach) or in the Hebrew: lashon hara.
"Speech is considered to be lashon hara if it says something negative about a person or party, is not previously known to the public, is not seriously intended to correct or improve a negative situation, and most importantly, is true.Statements that fit this description are considered to be lashon hara, regardless of the method of communication that is used, whether it is through face-to-face conversation, a written letter, telephone, or email." - Wiki
There are negative effects for spreading negatives of others and according to Torah is seen as a serious sin and total disrespect of civil laws.
Those who are a slave to this sin often use stereotypes, labels, propaganda, and ideologies to spread ignorance and hate (strife/division) towards not only individuals but people by the masses. Often times those fallen victims of these tactics of the enemy in return take up the same tactics. This happens when those who exsperiance such begin to label and stereotype their enemy and teach their congregation and kids such tactics based on this rather than individual fruits. A well known Overcomer of this is Martin Luther King Jr. with his "I have a dream" speach!
"I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal. I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood."
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."- Martin Luther King Jr.
Whats the written WORD say on the subject?
* A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends / Proverbs 16:28
* Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers/ Eph.4:29
* Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice/ Eph.4:31
* Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge/ James 4:11
* Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife./ Proverbs 26:20-21
* Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the LORD/ Lev.19:16
________Futher documentation______1 Tim. 3:10,11/ Ps.101:5/ Proverbs 11:9,10,11,12,13/ Ps.34:13/ Ps.19:14/ Ex.20:16/
1 Tim.5:12,13/ Rom.1:29-32/ (Proverbs 20:19 / Proverbs 18:7-8)/
Proverbs 27:9/ Proverbs 31:8/ Matt.12:36/ Acts 15:32/ 1 Pet.2:1/
1 Pet.3:10,16/ Ps.12:6/ Proverbs 22:11
Don't support or enable gossip 2 Jn.1:11
Other blog subjects encouraged:
God is no respector of persons. He is the heart knower. Discernment is priceless! Anyone who feels they have to break someone else down to build themselves up have a serious problem
2 Tim.2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
Matt 5:22 shows speaks on lashon hara.